Assisted Learning Specialist and/or Teacher
The assisted learning teacher or specialist will work closely with the assisted learning coordinator to meet the various needs of students in the school. We are looking to build the assisted learning team to include individuals with a variety of backgrounds and strengths to meet the needs of our student population. Positions could include an emphasis in speech, reading specialists, or an ability to design and implement accommodations and specialized instruction for students. Ideally, these are full-time positions but will consider part time based on the candidates.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- State/ACSI teacher certification preferred, but must be able to obtain ACSI certification within the established timeframe
- Holds a Bachelor’s preferably in Special Education or related field
- An understanding of the IEP process and the ability to assist in the evaluation of children possessing a variety of disabilities.
- Background in the use of supplementary materials to support students needs
- Knowledge of current best practices in the education of children with disabilities preferred.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with parents, children, and staff
Attitude and Skills with Children:
- Enjoys working with children
- Relate with appropriate and respectful voice and actions to all children
- Responsible for safety and welfare of children
- Provides effective and appropriate discipline within school guidelines
Attitudes and Skills with Parents:
- Maintain confidentiality and tact with negative information
- Available to parents
- Keep parents informed of the child’s progress
Attitudes and Skills with Co-workers
- Work as a team member and diligent to preserve unity within the staff
- Consistently show commitment, enthusiasm, and involvement
- Ability to team with other assisted learning and regular education teachers and support staff to meet the needs of struggling students.
General Work Habits:
- Demonstrates spiritual maturity
- Prompt and reliable attendance record
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings
- Conscious of health and safety issues
- Attend in-service training as required
If you are qualified for this position and would like to make application, please download, complete, and return the following application package:Faculty Application