VCS is looking for an individual to run our before school program and someone to assist in our after school program. This position can be split between two different people or the same person could do both. This is a paid position and a great opportunity to get to know the elementary students and serve the school.
General Description After School Care Program
The After School Care Program runs every school day with a few exceptions on days before holiday breaks. Hours of the program are immediately after school at 3:15 pm until 5:30 pm. This program includes students from 3K preschool through fourth grade and is comprised both of children with working parents as well as students whose parents are late to pick up. All Pre K-fourth grade students who are not picked up by 3:30 pm are sent to the After School Program. 3K-fifth grade students are not permitted to wander the halls of school after the school day has ended and should be in the appropriate areas of the facility if they are involved in a school-sponsored activity. Unauthorized visitors are not permitted in the After School Care area. Students are never left unattended.
Assistant will assist the ASCP Supervisor in the following duties:
- Sign-in students in daily log
- Create and participate in activities
- Oversee and monitor all activities in the classroom and outside play.
- Encourage students to work on homework while in ASC.
- Bring parent concerns to the attention of the elementary principal.
- Alert the elementary principal/ of any concerns (i.e., discipline problems, room or furnishing problems).
- Use Matthew 18 principles when dealing with people.
- Make sure the room is neat and clean before leaving for the day.
- Routinely sanitize room to prevent children’s illnesses – supplies and directions will be provided by the elementary office.
- There are occasions where school dismisses early (11:45 am) and it may be necessary to run the After School Care Program.
The Before School Care Program consists of general supervision of pre-school and elementary students who arrive at school between 7:30 am when the school doors open and 8:00 am when teachers open their classrooms. This is 30 minutes of supervision: 7:30-7:45 is supervision seated play, reading, or study; 7:45 am-8:00 am is supervised gym play.