Our growing After School Care program is in need of an additional supervisor. This Co-Leader will assist the After School Program Coordinator, Mrs. Davis, in all aspects of the program.
General Description After School Care Program
The After School Care Program (ASCP) runs every school day with a few exceptions on days before holiday breaks. Hours of the program are immediately after school at 3:15 pm until 5:30 pm. This program includes students from 3K preschool through fifth grade, and is comprised both of children with working parents as well as students whose parents are late to pick up. All Pre K-fifth grade students who are not picked up by 3:30 pm are sent to the After School Care Program. 3K-fifth grade students are not permitted to wander the halls of school after the school day has ended and should be in the appropriate areas of the facility if they are involved in a school sponsored activity. Students are never left the unattended.
- Arrive at the After School Program room 30 minutes before responsibilities begin.
- Sign-in students in daily log
- Create and participate in activities
- Oversee and monitor all activities in the classroom and outside play.
- Encourage students to work on homework while in ASCP.
- Bring parent concerns to the attention of the elementary principal.
- Alert the elementary principal of any concerns (i.e., discipline problems, room or furnishing problems).
- Use Matthew 18 principles when dealing with people.
- Make sure room is neat and clean before leaving for the day.
- Routinely sanitize room to prevent children illnesses – supplies and directions will be provided by the elementary office.
- There are occasions where school dismisses early (11:45 am) and it may be necessary to run the After School Program.
Part Time Staff Application