We understand the challenge of keeping tuition affordable for our current and future families. To help, VCS offers opportunities for our families to work together with the school to fund a portion of their Christian education by utilizing the innovative Tuition Reduction Plan as described below.
The Great Lakes Scrip Program provides a way to help offset tuition costs. Gift cards for places normally shopped are purchased at face value through VCS. Each vendor offers a rebate that is returned to the school. 75% of that rebate goes directly toward designated student’s tuition bill and 25% goes directly into the classroom to purchase new desks or other equipment needed in an individual classroom. Click here for a list of participating retailers. Please contact Carey Holtz at 920-231-9704 x20 for more information.
We offer a discount up to 75% for the children of all qualified pastors who apply.
An annual tuition discount is applied to families who must travel to the school according to the following guidelines:
- 21-30 miles from the school: $150/family
- 31+ miles from the school: $200/family
We are very grateful that God has given our school the ability to distribute financial aid to families who need assistance in paying for tuition. Because it is difficult to assess the financial needs of any given family without some objective means to do so, our school utilizes the services of FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment. FACTS has been serving faith-based and private schools for over 25 years, currently managing tuition assistance for over 5,000 schools. Their proven record of determining and distributing aid gives us confidence they can help us determine the proper distribution of financial aid to families. As much as we would like to grant financial aid to each family that expresses need, we are limited to how much financial aid we can offer in any given year. These funds are dependent on donor giving above tuition.
VCS will allocate financial aid according to the following guidelines:
- Every family desiring financial aid of any kind must first submit an application through FACTS Management Company. This can be done online on the FACTS Management website – our school is listed as Valley Christian School/WICS. A nonrefundable fee will be charged by FACTS. Proof of current financial status will need to be supplied as requested. No allotment of financial aid will be given until the proper documents have been processed by FACTS.
- The total amount of financial aid that can be given through this process could be as much as 50% of the tuition charged by the school.
- The funds available for financial aid will be distributed at two different times:
- The larger portion of the funds will be distributed prior to the end of the previous school year. The deadline for filing for this allocation is May 1.
- A smaller portion will be distributed before the beginning of the new school year. The deadline for filing for this allocation is August 1.
- Families will be notified within 15 days after these deadlines as to how much financial aid they will receive for the coming year.
- If a family feels that it has not received enough financial aid due to a recent change in personal financial conditions, they must make an appeal to the head administrator or an appointed staff representative. The family will be asked to provide proof of the change in their finances. The new information will be entered into the FACTS database and a new need assessment will be calculated. The family will be informed in a timely manner as to how their financial aid has been adjusted.
- If a family has received their financial aid letter and they decide they have not received enough financial aid to keep their children in school, there will be a grace period of 15 days wherein they may withdraw their students and receive a refund of the registration fee less a $25 administrative fee. Applicable withdrawal fees will still apply after July 1.
- Any variation from the guidelines mentioned here must be approved by the Head Administrator.
Did you know?
The Federal Tax Cuts and Jobs Act signed by President Trump December 22, 2017 included a provision that allows parents to use state 529 savings accounts for K-12 tuition (previously only used for college savings). This is great news for VCS parents! Please visit this website for more information and FAQ